Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Beats

Yesterday was my last day at work and woo hoo I'm home free! I feel like I'm going on vacation but is easily reminded of my baggage up front and limited mobility. Even though, docs suggest she might be late, it's tough to decide what we can do and how far we should go.

Thanks Fil for suggestings things to add to the hospital bag. I've added a few more items especially the cameras I'd hate to leave behind. Yes Michelle, it's starting to get more real but I've eased off a bit as the docs continues to remind us, we're close but not that close :o) At our appointment yesterday, we finally remembered to ask how big they think she is in there (don't know how we keep forgetting). After a few pushes and rubs around the belly, the nurse found her head, her back and behind. Then, said she's around 6lbs now but should be 6.5 to 7lbs by the time she's born. Her heart beat was nice and strong around 155 beats for minute. As loud as the little gaget was at sounding off her heart beat, even Katie reacted to it with a few kicks which instantly raised her heart beat to 168. It was amazing to see... And yes, she loves sounds and music. She'll dance all the way home listening to hip hop in aunty Linda's car.

For today, I need to do chores, run arrands and hit the gym for some walk time in place of my normal walks around the capitol. Afterwards, I'm going to hit the Harry Potter book marathon again for the new movie hitting theatres this November. I've seen all the past movies on opening night and it's cute to watch it with kids who grow up with the actors. I can't wait to compare the movie to the book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo, it's amazing to see how thing's going. Olympics is coming! and Katie is coming to join in the LE's family!!! Can't wait to see!!!

Mala said...

my maternity leave before evani was born was actually the best time of my life - i had so much time for myself - it was only ME time and I did whatever i wanted whenever i wanted. this time will actually never come back - so ENJOY!