Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wrapping Up the Month

I haven’t been writing on the blog as often as I use to, at least once early in the week. This is mainly because I don’t have much to write about. Katie is with a sitter Mondays thru Thursdays and I’m down to just making one phone call a day to see how she’s doing. So far so good!

Katie with a couple friends we borrowed from Pottery Barn Kids :oD

She graduated her first week with flying colors and hardly a peep. Her Grandparents and Aunties have done a great job keeping her quiet...hmmm...we might have to check Katie’s bib for chocolate stains. Last night, she was tossed around the dinner table entertaining us with jolly grins and attempts to grab our hair then suck our faces. She’s getting faster and faster with those active long fingers. We really have to be cautious of her reach and make sure things are not burning hot or can make a permanent mess. She’s already knocked over three cups. Good thing they were just water.

We are contemplating whether or not we should join Katie’s cousins in search of some cold white stuff this weekend. I suppose it could be a nice family outing if the sun is around which lately have not been shy. Not only do we not need a coat in the afternoons, we’re sweating on our short walks.

Along with some snow in our 3-day weekend agenda, we're also looking forward to dinner with friends, a 1 year old birthday party, our 5th annual Iron Chef, hanging out with family, and our first night out at a bar. Saturday night after we knock Katie out, we'll leave her with my sisters while Yogi and I have a few drinks to celebrate a friend's birthday. You think maybe we can get uses to this again? Or at least forget being parents for a few hours? I have a feeling we'll have to set our own curfew just so we know when to STOP!

Have a great weekend you all! Katie turns 5 months on Monday so stay tune for new pixs.

1 comment:

Mala said...

Precious! You guys have a blast. I remember our first night out after Evani was with MC and Joy at Hazel Mikuni's. That Cosmo never tasted better. :)