Finally the truth comes out and quite apparently if I might add. She’s a DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL!! Did we have any doubt? No probably not, me, maybe a little bit.
Up until about two weeks, it was not obvious who Katie preferred more. She’s usually well behaved and both Yogi and I have interacted with her the same way like robots. Until recently, she has gained the strength to climb and play rougher which has prompted Daddy to enthusiastically do the same. Mommy on the hand prefers not to get down and dirty these days and play with the less physical toys. We suppose this all translates to her preference to be in Daddy’s arms to play, when she wakes up from a nap, when she’s tired for a nap, and when she wants to be carried for whatever reason.
Katie loves Uncle Arnold's puppy Molly.
Don’t get me wrong, my daughter doesn’t ignore me entirely but if Mommy and Daddy are in the room, she’ll prefer her Daddy the majority of the time. We expected this day would come and it’s just toddler nature that it did!
I don’t know how other Moms feel about this but I’m not too hung over it. Katie is my daughter whether she likes it or not and nothing can change that. If she prefers her Daddy, that just means less work on me…haha… And when Daddy leaves the room, she’ll cry until she recognizes Mommy can give her what she wants from Daddy which usually is food or turn Elmo on YouTube.



No comments:
Post a Comment