Thursday, July 24, 2008

Long time no see doc…

Besides hearing that all is normal with our little one, the next best thing is I didn’t gain or loose a pound since our last visit, even though it was only a week ago…hehe… I know we both have to grow but she still has to wiggle out somehow and I rather it be a smaller, easier task ;o)

We also discussed some test results and we can be admitted to the hospital immediately when I start to feel labor pains. I like the idea of being admitted immediately so I don’t have to worry about the pain and count contractions at the same time except we’re not too thrilled about being in the hospital for days. My task this week is to pack the hospital stay bag and so far, I’ve got chapstick, lip shaped mints from Victoria Secret (thanks Sue), and a fairly marked up Sudoku book. Now, I’m feeling like putting our entire house in it to keep us entertained…haha… If not, it looks like we still have plenty of time to pack. The nurse checked my cervix or as she had put it “attempted to tickle the baby’s head” and failed which means baby is still a ways from her exit. We tried to get a more definite due date but the nurse would only hint possibly the end of August. Of course, there’s always the chance of a surprise!

I also have to start packing my work stuff. My last day is next Wednesday the 30th. I’ll be out for 5 months returning the week after new years. Not much stays constant around here so better to pack it all up as if I’m not coming back and start all over when I do. I’m looking forward to not hearing the alarm clock for a while or at least before the human version arrives…hehe… I’m not quite sure how to occupy my time once I’m off but I’m sure some of you can help me think of something.

Stay cool people! It has been getting hot but the mornings and evenings are cooling nicely. I don’t think any of us would mind an early Fall :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally had time to get an update of your blog. Here are some suggestions from my recent experience: Remember to pack your other toiletries - toothbrushes for you and Yogi, floss, face wash, and moisturizer. We didn't shower while we were in the hospital; we waited until we got home. I also packed snacks and drinks which we went through pretty much on the first day. We probably should have packed a little more, but then we didn't expect Tyrus to take that long. You can eat and drink until they start the epidural. Yogi also needs to eat and drink and you may not want him leave to get food. I didn't like hospital food. I also didn't like the hospital slipper socks because they cut into my very bloated legs - from the IV fluids. My Crocs came in very handy - easy to put on and off, so you may want slippers that are slip resistant. Oh, what you wear to the hospital will probably be what you wear home. I'd suggest something that's easy to get on and off and probably nothing that will put pressure on your belly. That's about as much I can think of right now. Stay cool, hydrated, and relaxed!

MACMD said...

It's almost time!!!! :o) Is packing the bag making it "real" for you now, or am I just being an idiot and the last 9 months have made it real enough?

I do have one tip from my sister-in-law's experience. If you and Yogi have something that you like to do together, just the two of you, then plan a special time to do that and enjoy one another's company... without baby around. (And anyone who has their mind in the gutter here, get it out). Your life is about to change in so many wonderful ways but your relationship with Yogi is probably going to take a back-seat for a while. Take this time to cherish and enjoy the final few days of this chapter in your marriage, where its just about you two and the love and companionship you share.

Enjoy and, providing you feel ok, let's get together for lunch or something while you're at a loose end.