Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Checkup

Yesterday starts our weekly checkups to the doctor's office up until 'she' arrives. Oh yes, hopefully she senses how expensive gas is and kicks open the flood gates during a visit...hehe...

As for the appt., we went through the same routine: mingling about the changes, making sure I'm feeling her move on a regular basis (per videos no complaints there), measured my blood pressure, weight, and tummy which is all normal, and listening to her heartbeat. We also wanted to know whether her head is directed down. The ob doc pressed both hands against my tummy and maneuvered around shaping out her body. I didn't know you can press down that hard but obvious she knew what she was doing. For further confirmation, the doc had the nurse pull in an ultrasound machine for a quick peek (we love this gadget). And with a point of the sensor, yup she's sitting upside down just like the dude spinning to the right of this screen. Can't imagine that position being very comfy so don't blame her for poking and punching :o) The rest of the body looks healthy with plenty of fluids to swim in.

We'll see how much all this changes next week! We're getting close but no worries of her arriving early. After all, I'm still two weeks from being full term so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray...your gonna have a baby Le soon! WooHoo! :)

Meagan said...

I'm so excited for you!! Sara is due on the 25th, so I am on labor watch. I will be staying with Reily at their house while she's in the hospital. Should be fun!

What hospital are you delivering at?
Meag

MACMD said...

Woot woot! LeBabe is almost with us. Cannot wait! So, so glad that everything is going according to plan. You're a star! Keep the updates coming for as long as she's in there.

Mala said...

I can't wait! :)