Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good bye 08!

Wow what a year it has been for us!! Now that it's nearly over, it seems only a blink of an eye but in reality it was the longest year of my life thus far. Physically, I gained and lost 40lbs in one year. Emotionally, it was one heck of a rollercoaster ride from being shocked to not knowing what to expect to breaking down in tears of guilt before asking for epidural. I'm sure hubby didn't find it any easier listening and watching me go through it all but he did well keeping me/us on our two feet.

Our lives are definitely different now with Katie. We don't think of her as a hindrance to how our life uses to be before her. Obviously, making her was a choice we both agreed to and knew what sacrifices we had to make. She's so worth it no matter how much we miss staying out late, going to a movie, extra room in the car, etc. etc. She's the cutest thing in the world to us.

Unfortunately, we can't always be around to see her be cute. She's starting the New Year off at Grandma's house. I'm going back to work on the 5th and both Grandmothers have agreed to babysitting duties twice a week. We anticipate frequent phone calls the first week or two but all three of us will learn to let go eventually. For Katie, she'll learn her independence and for us to learn to trust our little girl.

We're looking forward to an awesome 2009 watching Katie be mobile and both Yogi and I promote in our jobs. In this economy every little bit helps :o) Best wishes to all of you in the New Year!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Linh,Yogi,and lovely Katie,
Best wishes for a very happy new year 2009!

Anonymous said...

LOVED that picture!! Katie really is sooo cute!

MACMD said...

I wish you everything your hearts desire for the coming year. You all deserve it!

Mala said...

Happy new year to you guys and I'm sure '09 will bring much more joy and success.