Monday, December 1, 2008

We're Thankful

It’s 6:30am and Katie is back to sleep comfortably on a full tummy and clean diaper - thought I take advantage of this time and write a blog entry before she wakes up and who knows where the day will go from there.

Thanksgiving weekend turned out great for us. We were especially thankful to have Katie healthy and active with us this year. She had an exceptional time playing with all the grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins and little friends at a couple birthday parties.

Oh and having nice naps while we take her out and about on the shopping runs. We didn’t go crazy especially on one income till I go back to work next month! Nonetheless, we did complete our shopping list and got what we needed and not much of what we wanted. We can work on that list after I go back to work and file our tax return with our sweet little deduction.

As for an update on Katie, she continues to be a very active baby. She enjoys talking to whoever would talk back and especially verbal when she’s due for a change - verbal meaning baby language and not crying which we think is a cool trick. On Thanksgiving Day she also started holding on to her toy and bringing it to her mouth. If the toy is too heavy, she’ll move her mouth to it. It’s the cutest thing!

I suppose things are back to normal this week. Hubby decided to go back to working at work rather than working from home. Who would have guessed he can’t concentrate at home these days. The good thing is he’s back on a 9 day schedule and gets every other Friday off. I hope to get the same schedule when I go back to work and get the alternate Friday off so we’ll only need 4 days of daycare out of the week.

No comments: