Over the weekend, we stopped by Vacaville Outlets on the way home from spending the weekend in San Francisco to celebrate Yogi’s brother and sister’s birthdays also in August. We picked up a few items from Baby Gap for Katie and did some shopping for ourselves at Banana Republic. Yogi and I switched off bodyguarding Katie while the other shopped. Come my turn, I like to let her out of the stroller and walk around on her own. Have her touch and feel the clothes and get her familiar with being out in stores; although, I didn’t mean for her to be destructive while explorering. She quickly found her way to the accessories and the necklaces were too shiny not to at least give it a touch and feel. A quick thought shot through my mind thinking if the worst was to happen, the necklaces shouldn’t break that easy. My dream really was that Katie would stroke the necklaces and be fascinated with the sparkles than move on. Boy, did that turn into a nightmare! She stroked them once and stroked them twice, then before I knew it one broke and the beads shattered to the ground rolling in all directions. I was completely stunned and speechless. Another shooting thought told me to RUN but wait somebody must have seen what happened. I took a quick glance around the room for a sales associate and noticed a couple people in line were staring at us with a stern ‘does that woman know what she’s doing with the baby?’ look. For the most part, the store was not very busy but since we were at the front of the store, impossible not to feel embarassed.
Not the exact necklace.
I picked up the remaining pieces of the necklace and found a sales associate folding men’s sweaters. I told her remorsefully that my daughter accidentally broke this and I would pay for it if I have to. She generously said, don’t worry about it and preceded to the pickup the remaining pieces. I helped her track down what pieces I could find with Katie in my other arm and went to find Yogi so we can leave. I didn’t feel too bad afterwards b/c we spent a significant amount of money on a new coat for me and sweater and shirt for Yogi. What an embarrassing Mommy moment?! I came to work and told my co-worker on Monday morning and she says her boys embarrass her constantly these days. They are not shy to speak their mines about other people in public out LOUD. Thanks for the heads up Cheryl!
1 comment:
oh no! I'm glad you guys survived that experience :)
Post a Comment