Yay, we made it through the week!!..hehe...and have to say, it wasn't too bad. Katie turns 1 week old and life can only get better. I’m recovering nicely with little or no pains thus a first trip back to gym shouldn’t be too far away. Katie was really fussy the first night home since I didn’t have much of a milk supply. She practically announced her arrival to the neighborhood with what perfect lungs she had. From then, she’s been able to eat well and sleep well sometimes through her feeding times. We’re not too thrilled about waking up every two hours at night but we’re getting to uses to it. It’s less dreadful knowing what to expect.
Yogi went back to work today which means, I had to cruise alone on the night shift. Last night, she stayed up a little longer than expected after one of her feedings so less sleep for me but also proves no one night has been exactly the same. So, we can only take things one day at a time and hope to get through these precious first few months with good memories and enjoy her tiny presence before she grows up too fast.



3 comments:
Guys, she is GORGEOUS! Every two hours does sound like somewhat of a nightmare but, fortunately, one of you doesn't have to go to work. I can't wait to meet her in person sometime soon. Hugs to all 3 of you.
She is a doll. Can't wait to hug her.
Hate to break this to you, but you can't do the night shift alone-- what tales can Yogi tell the little princess when she grows up? Besides, working is much more easier than taking care of her so by all means, wake him! I'm serious. Not to the point where he gets no sleep but an involved father wakes up during the middle of the night, work or not. I hope you try to nurse even though you think your supply is low. Give it some time and you might surprise yourself. She's adorable btw, can't wait to meet her (when both my kids are out of this nasty viro attack...)
Post a Comment