Monday, August 4, 2008

This is the month!

After being on maternity leave for almost a week now, the days are starting to go by a little faster. I've tried to get a routine down but since I really don’t have to be anywhere or do anything at a certain time, things get shifted and before I know it the day is over. For example, the first couple of mornings, I was able to hit the gym for an hour – 30 minutes walking on the treadmill and 30 minutes on a few weight machines to keep the muscles tone. Over the weekend with Yogi at home, being able to sleep later at night and sleep-in in the mornings, the whole gym routine mysteriously disappeared…haha… Even so, I have had no less exercises - running arrands and nightly walks around the neighborhood with hubby. The gym time is for the extra scoop of ice cream and dessert treats that seems to haunt me more than ever these days :o\

Other than going to the gym, I'm usually watching TV, chatting on the computer, preping a meal or running minor arrands in and around the house. Our friends and family know exactly how to keep us connected; once I stop responding to emails or messages, it could be 'time'...haha...

Physically, I’m doing ok. The discomforts are more noticeable at night as it gets harder to shift around for a comfy position. When sleeping on the side, it feels like a ton of bricks weighing down stretching the other side somewhat painfully or any attempt to sleep on my back has her lying on top of my organs cutting off my oxygen and heart rate. It might sound bad but once I fall asleep, it’s all good.

See the rotating baby to the right of the screen…her position in my tummy is pretty much identically with her head down and facing my back. She’s really good at swinging those elbows and tapping those toes. We haven't gotten uses to feeling them one bit. Yogi has even tried to tickle the bumps whenever she pokes out. Don't know if she reacts to the tickling or is just moving naturally. It’s simply amazing how much she’s grown. We know she’s getting ready to meet us but who knows when. The little lady already has us all wrapped up in her schedule.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Hey Linh. I'd love to visit you soon. Glad to hear that you are doing pretty well still.

MACMD said...

I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR YOU! Let's try to do lunch?

Anonymous said...

yay! Linh, I'm so excited for you! Sounds like Katelinh continues to be an active girl in your tummy and is ready to make her grand entrance and start swinging on the monkey bars! =) Take care!