First the good then the bad. On Saturday morning, Yogi's sister and brother-in-law tried to hold her but little did we know, Katie turned on the 'recognition' switch and would not have it. Every time they took her, she cried. Suppose it didn't help that she was cranky and tired.
That same night, we had dinner at my parents'. We left her there for 15-20 minutes so I can drop Yogi off at home then come back. Poor little girl, cried the whole time we were gone and freaked out her grandparents as they were starting to think she was in pain. Once I got back, peace was restored instantly. My Dad wouldn't believe Katie could recognize and prefer Mommy at just 3 months old so I tossed Katie back to him and almost instantly the lips went straight to a frown then the huffing and puffing to the full blown scream. Again, it was near her bedtime so probably throwing a fit at anyone who did not smell like Mommy. It's a nice Mommy feeling but she's going to grow out of this right?
Katie visiting cousin Tyrus for a belly time session.
Some of you have read me contemplating on Facebook whether or not I should cut Katie's infamous hair. I suppose it can stick around a little longer. We're gonna try to keep her warm with bennies soon anyways.
2 comments:
ahh..I know the feeling, Jimmy refuse to be picked up by our parents and would scream if anyone cuddles him apart from me and Nick.. At least Katie enjoys tummy time, he absolutely hates tummy time and i keep putting him on his tummy until he cries, cruel but needs to be done! He turned once maybe because he was getting annoyed with me for not picking him up.
This is my biggest fear - the "I can't be held by anyone but you, mommy" phase. I don't respond well to neediness or clingyness (yes, I know, wake up sista) so this will be an interesting phase for me. Hopefully my parents can get beyond the screaming and realize its just a phase.
Post a Comment