Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Ties Family

You guys don't hear from me for a week and now you get three in a row...woo hoo!!

This morning Katie woke at 5:45am around the time I was suppose to leave the house for work. Katie and I stayed over at my parent’s house last night so we wouldn’t have to wake her at the crack of dawn to drop her off at grandma’s house. Anyways, she woke up with a wet diaper and was not happy. Her vocals turned into a human alarm clock on the second floor and right on the money, my dad walks in and takes her downstairs to play. Willingly Katie went to Grandpa and didn’t bother to look back to see where mommy was going. We’ll see how long that’ll last. My dad works during the day too so he doesn’t mind waking up early to spend time with his first and only granddaughter.

There’s usually lots of love for Katie at my parent’s house. With my parents and four siblings living under one roof, they hold and play with her any chance they get. Even, my brother has gotten into the feeding mode once or twice. Last night, while I was at the gym, they had Katie on the family room floor demonstrating her new trick – scooting backwards…haha…her audience loved it!

On the other side of the family, Yogi’s mom has been great at packing up and coming over a couple nights a week to babysit Katie. She preps our dinners and brings over everything she needs. Having Grandma over also gives everyone else, Yogi’s sister, brother, nieces and nephews who lives near us an opportunity to come over and have dinner as well. Monday nights are officially Le Family dinner night at our house! There’s nothing like a good o’family dinner to get everyone together to chat about our kids and catch up on everyone’s day/week.

It's amazing how a baby can improve family relations that nothing else can comparably do; unfortunately at the expense of dirty diapers...darn it :o/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried holding Katie over the toilet early in the morning? I started doing that with Madeleine when she turned 4 months and she's been pooping/peeing for me every morning since. I think I can count on one hand how many poop accidents she's had since then. I started holding her over the sink at first because there is a mirror and I was able to see what she was doing. I know it sounds grose but I had her diaper underneath. This also helped her poops after starting solid foods since holding her with her legs up is a good position for pooping and she's able to get it all out in one shot in the morning instead of trying to have small poops in a diaper all day. You should give it a try first thing in the morning... and if she doesn't get what you want at first... just run the tap a tiny bit to let her know you mean pee/poo!

Linh and Yogi said...

Good idea Cous! Except for most of the week, we have to work in the morning and she's usually not awake then. Maybe we'll start it over the weekend and see if the Grandparents can carry the habit.

MACMD said...

It's so great that Katie is getting to know all of her extended family so early on. Good for you guys :o)