Lately, I’ve been feeling Katie’s gums almost everyday in anticipation of her first tooth. Her cousins and other baby friends started to get theirs around 5 or 6 months and Katie is 7 and still no signs….until YESTERDAY!! I got home from work and checked her gums like usual and felt two little sharpy points. Woo hoo!! They finally broke ground. This also means, we’ve got to be more diligent about brushing her gums and teeth. We’ve heard one too many horror stories about children with bad teeth. It’s very much preventable and we’re going to take good care of them. We’ll try to catch a picture over this weekend.
Coming up, I have my usual Friday off, and Tuesday is Cesar Chavez (state holiday) so I took Monday off to make it 5 consecutive days off. We’re taking Katie to get her passport on Friday for maybe her first international trip across the north border to Canada this summer. She’ll get to visit cutie cousins and put those teeth to good uses on yummy foods. We hope to spend the rest of the weekend in SF keeping our fingers and toes crossed the weather will stay Spring like :o)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! Congratulations Katie! Did you see two white dots before you felt the sharp points?
Ya know, my sister-in-law told me about the dots so we were on a look out for them. The first white dot came a few weeks ago then it disappeared. The second one appearred about a week ago and disappeared over the weekend so wasn't sure if it was an indication of anything. Obviously it was so keep an eye out for them!
Katie goes international! I love it!
Post a Comment