Lets start with what got each other for Christmas. How about a pregnancy test?!!
The Thursday before xmas, I missed my girlie time of the month so I took a home test the following Saturday night revealing TWO light lines. Yogi was distinctively confused so my thought was, don’t panic, we’ll let the professionals take care of this. I went to Kaiser the next morning to give them what they needed and on Christmas Eve, the result is 99.9999999999999999….% POSITIVE (well maybe not that many 9's).
Ironically, Yogi and I got each other absolutely nothing for Christmas. Lets just say we did our Christmas shopping early :o) But, we're certainly not complaining about this little surprise gift...not yet anyways.
The first couple of people we told were Yogi's brother, Derek and his wife, Fil who are also expecting their first little one this summer. They were staying with us over the Christmas weekend so instead of telling them at home, we decided to tell them on the road. On our way to sister's house for dinner, we drove separate cars and we wanted to see how well Derek can keep a secret. So, Yogi made THE phone call to his brother. The Uncle to-be was more than ecstatic to expect a cousin for his little one. He contagiously past his giggles to us and we laughed the majority of the way to sister’s house. It was truly a joyful moment. Derek did ok at dinner :o)
Our first appointment for the baby was this past Tuesday which turned out to be a consultation more than anything, completing paperwork and ordering lab tests. Our next visit on Thursday should be more exciting with ultrasound and a complete physical.
Thanks everyone for your well wishes, support and many great advises already. I think I'll post them all here to share with other mommies to-be :o)
1 comment:
OH MYYYYYY GODDDD!
Congratulations you two! Hubbie and I are so excited for you both and can't wait to share this journey with you.
(p.s. Get rid of that word verication crap for comments!)
Post a Comment