Started the week out using 4 hours sick leave on Monday to go home and get more rest. Katelinh is just draining my energy these days to continue her exercise routines that seem to get bigger and stronger by the day. I came into work on Monday feeling like I didn’t get a minute of sleep the night before. However, as the week moves forward, I’m feeling a lot better and getting back into the walks. Not sure how long I’d be able to keep it up with the temperature in the 90s but we’ll see.
Last night we took for granted Celtics were going to take care of business home so Yogi and I attended a class at Kaiser to prep for the actual labor and delivery. The doctor discussed symptoms of early labor and what would qualify us to be admitted. She also talked about the entire process from the time we get admitted to the time we go home with our baby. Quite a bit of information but all very helpful to know and expect especially what decisions we can or cannot make.
The class ended with a tour of the actual labor and delivery unit at Kaiser. We’ve actually been inside this unit before when a friend of ours was in labor a few years ago. I remember having chills run down my spine from seeing her in pain and I still do when I think of it. It was a little (ok very) scary to be in an actual labor room and imaging myself on the bed in 2 months with who knows how much pain. The labor rooms are spacious and well equipped with sofas, rocking chairs, and all kinds of machines to see and help make the mom and visitors comfy. I would suggest adding an Nintendo Wii Fit to the list - who knows the laboring power it could generate...haha... It would only be a romantic game between Yogi and I since I don’t plan to permit visitors before or during the labor. I don’t know how honest I will be when in pain so wouldn’t want to ruin any relationships…haha…j/k. I’m still considering visitors after labor which I’m currently reserving for family only (I think). From my experience, moms just don’t look their best after so many hours of physical exertion. So, Yogi will be in touch when the time comes. Most likely, we’ll see you all at home. Good thing it was a nice and quiet tour with no moms in labor to scare us into a cesarean. The walk definitely helped relieve some anxiety with the unknown and we’re ready to just get it over with it!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I completely disagree. I think new moms looks radiant after delivery - as will you! Just remember - they're looking at the baby, not at you! ;o)
You'll be fine sweetie! Just remember to breathe! ;)
Post a Comment