Monday, June 2, 2008

Taking Extra Strides

On Saturday, we took advantage of the cool early summer weather and went on a day-trip into Yosemite Valley with Yogi's sister Kim, hubby Alvin, their daughter Claudia and another niece Angel (sshh…don't ask how 6 of us fit in the Rav). We couldn't break tradition in visiting one of our favorite parks in California. It was our annual visit to the remote valley and the first for everyone else. I almost forgot how long the drive was, 3 hrs (1-way) starting at 6am.

At 29 weeks, it's her first and definitely not her last visit to Yosemite.

Yogi and his nieces, Angle (left) and Claudia (right)

We took a short hike, 1.5 miles (1-way) into Vernal Falls. I did a good portion of it and turned back at the misty part next to the waterfall to avoid getting sick and the slippery steps.

Yogi, Angle and the Chiu family next to Vernal Falls

It was a gorgeous day in the mid-70’s and plenty of crowds on the trail including a group of 100 foreign exchange students from the bay area.

Yogi and the girls enjoying some meditation time at the top of Vernal Falls.

Claudia and myself waiting for the gang to catchup.

People were nice and thoughtful with my pregnant self along the trail. Especially during my breaks, they seem to always assume something is wrong…haha…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linh, you're great!!!

MACMD said...

OMG - look how big you are! Hahaha! Sorry, I'm not laughing AT you, I'm just giddy to see you beyond a size 0. Yeah, its really about me and my extra 10lbs.

Yosemite looks beautiful. I have never been and want to go but probably won't get there until I'm too old or too broke to travel abroad.

You are inspiring, however. Its good to see a pregnant woman going about life as usual, vacationing and still enjoying time with friends.

Anonymous said...

whoa! taking on Yosemite at 29 weeks pregnant... way to go! =) glad you had fun! Your hubby is so funny in that picture doing yoga on the rock with your nieces. You guys are a hilarious bunch! =D

Unknown said...

Wow Linh! I give you mad mama props for going to Yosemite and walking on those trails.