Thanks to the heat some old fears have realized themselves again….the infamous pup’s rash, swelling in the hands and feet and fatigue.
It feels like I’ve fallen into boot camp for babysitting duties the last couple of nights. The rash wakes me every couple of hours to apply anti-itch cream so I can fall asleep only to be waken later when the cream wears off. Hopefully it’ll keep to a small area of my belly and go away faster than last time!
I’ve also been drinking lots of water to cool off but the water seems to stick around in my hands and feet. Usually, hanging all fours up on a chair or eating less sodium does the trick however just can’t seem to keep up with the temperatures.
Then, there’s lack of sleep translating to droopy eyes and lazy limbs that don’t want to move. This typically starts after work but I felt this way the minute I walked into work this morning. Now, I can barely balance my head on my shoulders. It’s almost lunch time so maybe thinking about food will bring a revelation of energy….pizza buffet, fried rice, dessert crepe, hot dog, tri-tip sandwich, ice cream, Jamba Juice…hmmm…
As for Katelinh, she’s doing well. I think she’s getting into position to make her grand entrance into this world of ours. A few people including the Lamaze nurse have noticed she may have ‘dropped’. I have been feeling her movements lower in between my pelvis and sometimes a few kicks at the top of my tummy which means she may be upside down. I like to think she’s been playful in responding to my touches, rubs, and sounds. Her movements are usually quick so haven’t seen the protruding limbs like other mommies have.
My nestling instincts finally kicked in over weekend. We purchased her dresser, cleaned out her room, and even did some decorating. There are a few more things left to make her room perfect which we hope to finish tonight. Her stroller and car seat arrived in the mail yesterday thanks to the generous gift cards from some of you pretty Aunties and handsome Uncles. All we’re missing now is a baby to start using all this stuff. We'll take a few pixs and show off the room later.
I’m counting down my work days to July 30th for a nice 5 month vacation. I know…I know…it’s only to start a new job as mommy that may have a tougher job description. No doubt, I’ll probably enjoy the new role more than any other I’ve had in my life.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The itching sounds MADDENING!!!! Sometimes I would almost wish for pain over itching (I said sometimes.) As for the fatigue - I'm hardly surprised. You and your little ole frame trying to nourish an almost grown baby as well as yourself... that sounds like a tall order. However, based upon your lunch menu options, sounds like there's not much to worry about there. It didn't sound very healthy, though --- too much sodium in all those choices girlie. Tutt tutt. ;o) Hang in there, not long to go now.
Post a Comment