Thursday, March 20, 2008

Movements are Good

A little update on our baby, she (per nurse) is doing fine. In a previous post, I mentioned I felt her move over the weekend and she hasn't stopped since. She especially loves it when I eat and drink :o)

Other than that, I'm trying to get a couple new routines down to help baby and me to be more comfy as the pregnancy moves on. First, I'm trying to get myself uses to sleeping a new position. Per the pregnancy book, prenatal Yoga video and babycenter.com, on my left side with a pillow between my legs is best to increase circulation of fluids and oxygen to the baby while I sleep. It's tougher than I thought! I would wake up in the morning laying on my back and pillow on the ground…haha… Yogi's suppose to get me a body pillow so I can grab a hold of it and avoid it slipping away throughout the night. We've even switched our comfy pillow-topped bed to our much firmer guest bed. A lot of getting uses to but it’s only the first week.

I also started watching and doing the Prenatal Yoga video (thanks to Tracy) last night. I felt really relaxed afterwards releasing all the tension in my body and slept vert well. Also, baby will appreciate more room to move around in as I expand my flexibility :oD However, I don't feel that my muscles has strengthen since they’re not sore this morning, maybe I don't have enough weight on me yet; nonetheless, I’ll still make an effort for the gym to give my body new movements just not as often :o)

Cheers to a nice Easter weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

prenatal yoga sounds cool! =) i enjoy your blog. thanks!

MACMD said...

Good for you! I can empathize on changing your sleeping position. I usually sleep on my right side but since the op have only been able to sleep on my back - I wake up in the middle of the night with horrible back pains. Groan.

It's so cool to know we will be welcoming another little girl!!!!