Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 09

Definitely need to update the header pixs soon!

It was my second Saturday in a row celebrating bride power (bridal shower/bachelorette party) and we had an awesome time with quite a few memorable moments. Congrats Samantha and Amie!! We’re looking forward to wedding day!! It was a refreshing break for me to be away from hubby and Katie. I have to say, I love my friends who have no shame!!

Hanging out with the boys on a Friday afternoon, pix with Uncle Carey.

Although, we made up for lost times on Easter Sunday as we hunted for eggs and enjoyed a yummy BBQ lunch with friends. The alcohol must still be lingering yesterday morning. I dressed Katie in a colorful shirt I bought last weekend thinking I don’t have a bunny outfit but at least she’s festive in with something colorful. When we go the hunt, I thought hey, that shirt is very Eastery…haha…umm…it looked exactly like the designs on the Easter eggs. It is an Easter shirt!! No wonder it was on Sale…haha…

What do we NEED Daddy?

Can we take that cute barbie doll home? No Katie, that's a mannequin.

At the BBQ, Katie was clearly outnumbed as the only little princess of nearly 2 handfuls of princes. She was also the only one who couldn’t walk yet but was fast on the heels of the guys in crawling mode. It’s astonishing how different each kid is. We adults had the best time dissecting each child’s personality. We had an ‘energizer bunny’, one that could not stop moving and screaming, a ‘roamer’ who could not stop moving either but much quieter, a ‘sticker’ who would not leave mommy and daddy’s side, and an 'observer' who doesn't do much but sit and watch…haha… I'll let you guys try to guess which one Katie is, at least at the BBQ. Their way of life on the ground is so real and animated, it’s hard not to get on the floor and join in the play. Gosh how our conversations have changed over the years…haha…

After the party, we visited Auntie Annie (my younger sister) at work and had Katie play her first pool game! Then back home to clean house, finish laundry and get ready for the work week that could not come knocking any sooner :o/

No comments: