Tuesday, April 7, 2009
It's Starting...
Every Monday nights we have a routine. My mother-in-law is over to babysit Katie during the day time so she cooks for us in the evening. By the time we get home, Yogi’s mom is just about done with dinner and Katie is lounging around in her play area. We greet Katie like we haven’t seen her in years and then settle in for dinner. By 6 o’clock the door bell rings and in comes sister Jaynie with son Elijah and brother Derek with wifey Fil and son Tyrus (if they’re in town) to gather for our weekly Le family dinner.
After we eat, I usually run off to my spin class at 24hr fitness while the rest of the family mingle and watch the kiddos play. Lately, with the sun setting later and warmer evenings, they’ll do a quick run to a local yogurt shop or hangout at the park to burn a few carbs from dinner. I don’t mind missing these outings as I get to hear all about them when I get back from the gym plus I’m enjoying my own much needed outing to refresh my body and burn a few carbs off meself at the gym.
But last night, Katie did a NEW trick and I can’t believe I missed it!! She did it within minutes after I left for the gym. Yogi and Fil saw Katie go from being on her tummy to pushing herself up onto her hands and toes then upright to the sitting position. Somehow, I knew that was coming as I had mentioned when we got home from work last night, she’s been doing the downward dog yoga pose quite often lately and probably prepping her move to sit upright. Her cousin Tyrus has been doing it for weeks now so we were anxious to see Katie do it. Sure enough, she did it and I missed it!! :o( I know…I know…I should probably get uses to it since I’m not around her 24/7…anymore but I haven’t missed anything in the 7.5 months, I didn’t think this day would come…haha… Oh well, the important thing is she’s capable which means she'll have to put on a show at her other grandparents' house tonight to prove it...hehe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment